Friday, March 02, 2007

World Book Day

...was yesterday, and in honour of the occasion my daughters had to dress up as a character from a book. I would have so, so liked to have dressed one up in a lovely pistachio-green vintage cocktail dress and sent her along as Eve from The Italian's Defiant Mistress. Mainly because it would have saved me the 5 hours of sewing and one small mental meltdown that went into the Little Red Riding Hood cloak.

I also heard yesterday that book 2 has been accepted, and celebrated in the same manner as last time-- with cake. I fully intend to establish the cake thing as a tradition. In fact, I think that when I've done researching heroes on youtube and printed out some pictures of the hottest to pin above my desk, I'll start searching bakery websites and pin up a picture of the cake I'm going to have when I'm finished.

(Or is that a bit sad?)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate, India! Throw in a glass of bubbly (or, my personal favourite, a martini or two) and you'll be set.

Congratulations and kudos!

5:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm.. that's got me thinking, eva. Haven't had a martini in years, but as they do actually get a mention in the book, perhaps I should.

please have a martini with me (in a virtual sense at least) this weekend!

6:05 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

I would love to!

7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only I'd known, you could have borrowed my Little Red Riding Hood cloak - it's marvellous for when I'm out on my bike, coming as it does with built-in reflectors and a drawstring hood which keeps out the wind and rain a treat.

Now, hand over the cake and pour me a double martini - my friend has just had her second book accepted and I'm in the mood to party. CONGRATULATIONS, INDIA!

7:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only been away 10 days and Blogger has turned against me. This and the previous comment is Annie by the way.

7:35 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Get yourself round here this weekend Annie (red riding hood cape optional-- though obviously daughter no 3 will be sporting hers as she's not allowed to take it off until she's had enough wear out of it to make it all Worthwhile) and you shall have both.

(if you bring your own martini)

(and maybe George Cloony to go with it)

7:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie said:

That's funny - that's exactly what my mum said to me about my lrrh outfit when she made it a thousand years ago. Very good value.

Well obviously George is coming with me. He follows my reflectors everywhere.

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brown:

Annie, good to have you back!

India, CONGRATULATIONS!!! *sigh* that doesn't quite convey my sentiments, but you know how I feel.

Pass me a glass, this round of George is on me --- er, martini, this round of martinis are on me.

12:54 am  
Blogger Stacy Dawn said...

Oh Congratulations!! And sad? Cake? Never...it is a brilliant idea to celebrate with cake...it's what it was made for!! Hmmm, I do like your idea of pictures of cake for inspiration to finish...that, just, might, work.

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home