Thursday, May 04, 2006

Why does the sun always shine when I'm writing?

Today is the first day I've had off work for a while and I was looking forward to getting down to some serious re-writing and getting some top marks on Eva's counting thingy. Everything was going to plan until the sun came out and then, well, what's a girl to do? I've been stuck working inside for weeks on end and the weekends have been naff, so it seemed to me it would be not only churlish but downright rude to simply ignore that lovely yellowy thing in the sky when it had made so much effort to come and visit. I mean, if we ignore it, it might take the hump and disappear again. And we wouldn't want that, would we? We want to make it feel welcome so it will want to come back and visit us again, don't we? I knew you'd agree with me - that's what we unpublished writers have in common - no self-discipline and no single-mindedness. Hurray!

So, Eva - word count for today? Umm - make it a little more than zero, a little less than ten. Actually, I'm kidding, I got up at six and worked until one - impressed? I know I am! There may be a teeny-tiny bit of ambition there after all. Oh, woe is me!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

Good going, Annie. I am impressed. Only a book contract would induce me to rise early to begin writing. (Bring it on, HMB team!)

As for the sun, do take advantage. Even if you're cooped up inside, it has to have a positive impact on whatever we do.

4:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Annie, you big girly swot. Not only did you get up at 6 to write but you also did an entry on the blog.

Actually, I think I'm not even speaking to you now...

9:46 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Thank you, Imogen! What a proud moment!I can't wait to send your comment to all my old teachers who for some reason or other never quite recognised the swot in me. (I expect they got me muddled up with that other person who spent their lessons gazing longingly out of the window at the sunshine and forgot to do their homework.)

3:06 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

A girl after my own heart, Stacy! Think positive!

3:15 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

Foiled again. I had to go to Wikipedia to look up "swot".

[sitting, shoulders slumped, with hands over face]

3:32 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

If you went to Wikipedia (whatever that is) to look up a word you didn't know the meaning of (and not because you're ignorant but because you're of foreign extraction), I am pleased to tell you that you too qualify as a swot.

4:06 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

I consider myself in good company, then.

4:29 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

I may not be able to boast of being of foreign extraction, but I can boast of blogging ignorance (have I just invented a new swear word? - blog off you blogging traffic warden) - what's ROFL?

12:27 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

Is there a blogging glossary out there somewhere? I'm stumped too.

12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home