Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Pink Heart Society

Hey, girls, we're now official (not to mention proud) supporters of category romance. We've been given our red badge of courage, the little dancing heart icon that is currently stomping on our hit counter on the right. Just give him a click to visit The Pink Heart Society online.

Besides championing the virtues of the romance genre, including the category romance genre, The Pink Heart Society also features a Database of Hero Material: Men to inspire the imagination...". I was a little disappointed not to see Tom Selleck's face among the gorgeous hunks—I've had a girlish crush on him since a teenager. I wonder whether we ought to ask the Society to include not only Tom but also models featured on romance covers. I just bought Diane Gaston's A Reputable Rake and I think I may be in love. Check out Ben Whitaker:

rake

Another gorgeous cover model is Nathan Kamp. You can read all about him at wnbc.com's Romance: Buy the Book.

Lastly, if in the past you steered clear of romance covers featuring Fabio, take a look at the collection of Covers Gone Wild compiled by the Smart Bitches. I may have nightmares tonight.

Who inspires your imagination? (Or does the direct opposite?)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nathan Kamp (snurk):

The face of a fallen angel. The body of a Greek God. The name of a Viz character.

But still utterly inspiring (sigh...)

10:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

11 000 words, by the way...

10:17 pm  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Signing up for the Pink Heart Society is on my 'To Do' List. I'm not treating myself to their dancing icon until I feel I am at least halfway there on my w-i-p. (Okay, so I may not join this year [G]).
Many things inspire my imagination including Johnny Depp's eyes, George Clooney's charm... I would go on, but I would be accused of procrastinating...

4:13 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Who inspires my imagination?
My husband of course.
Does he read this blog?
Of course he does.

There's only one thing I have to say to you, Imogen - rhubarb x 11,000.

I've never heard it called procrastinating before, mscreativity - but maybe that's why you're called mscreativity?

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home