Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A chip off the old block?

Hey, check it out, I'm past the 40 percent mark!

Last night my eight-year-old spent what minutes she could steal between homework, dinner and bedtime writing. And writing at an enviable clip too. So much for hoping she'll become an engineer or geneticist. Maybe I should organize playdates with the girl who hunts around the schoolyard looking for bugs.

On second thought I'm squeamish. No bugs in borrowed quarters please, let alone a home of our own!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Great progress, Eva - well done! I've managed another 9,000 words today, now I'm off out into the glorious sunshine with a clear conscience!

My son once went on a trip to the seaside and brought me back a crab's leg. He assured me the crab was dead BEFORE he detached the limb. Whatever - I ate it anyway.

12:39 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

Yuck!

1:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids are and will be whatever they are. Even if that involves bugs :)

6:15 pm  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Woohoo Eva! Congrats on achieving over 40,000 words!
Umm, Annie, was that a typo or did you really mean 9,000 words in *one* day?!
W-O-W! :-)

3:59 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Me? Typo? Nah. Me? Honest? Nah.

6:08 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Oops! Forgot the last one -

Me? Type 9,000 words in one day? - yep.

Then again, I am only doing editing/rewriting - it's not the same as writing from scratch. Faster process - maybe - but a LOT more concentration required (eg: if you cut something out, you must note it somewhere so you don't inadvertently refer to it later in the book)

6:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home