Monday, January 08, 2007

Imagination returns

Okay, I'm back from visiting sickly relatives, all of whom, I am pleased to say, are suitably recovered. Whilst driving back I turned my mind to the comments to my last post (I feel I should produce a bugle here and start playing that well-known tune - only problem is I don't have a bugle and even if I did, Iwouldn't have a clue how to play it - which pretty much brings me back to where I left off before the start of this inane rambling) - your comments.

I was touched and heartened by all of them and have added my own comment on the end of them, which (to save you checking back) reads something like this:
I will take a rest (Sue), during which time I will read all my wonderfully witty old manuscripts (India). After resting and recovering from much laughter, I will board my boat (Brown) and row across the Atlantic (Eva) to visit Eva and Brown, who will then swim back across the Ocean with me, meeting up with India and Sue en-route, when we shall all don electric-blue mascara, hold hands and synch or swim.
Following this, I will write my best-selling travelogue based upon the above adventures and become extraordinarilly famous and wealthy.
Now do you get the title of this post?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

So glad to hear you're back, Annie, and in your usual stellar form! The rest obviously did you a world of good.

As for my trans-Atlantic swim, all I can say is it's a good thing I learned to swim while living in England.

12:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie!! Way to go!

Excellent post, looking forward to reading travelogue...just leave out all the parts where you and Eva had to rescue me from drowning.

You'll all be thrilled to know that I've found us the electric blue mascara: MAC Cosmetics. Maybe we get some of those false eyelashes with the diamante tips, oooohhh, and feather boas. Yeah, they'll get wet, but if we spray them with that water repellent stuff, they should hold.

Hope the relatives are feeling better.

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, just got the "synch or swim" pun. Excellent, Annie. You are definitely in full form!

1:36 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's more like it. I'm so glad the solitary confinement, electric shock treatment and thumbscrews made you see sense.

And Brown-- I already have a feather boa, bought for me as an acceptance present by Annie. (She might want it back now after all of the above...) It's fab. And I'm loving the idea of the false eyelashes with the diamante tips. When you find out where to get them be sure to let me know.

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eva, India, Annie, Sue, cast your eyes on: http://fh2.ca/MoreLashes.htm. Falsies galore, and you'll note, some are already electric blue. Now, my disclaimer is that I don't have a clue about this company, I just ran a search and voila, that's what I got. And I've learned a valuable lesson: be careful what I google. There are numerous sites offering eyelash extension - I don't think they're surgeries, but they're "more permanent, gentle and a long term solution to those who don't to fiddle with glue."

I've never worn falsies, but can I ask: just how violent is the glue process, if there are companies offering a gentler solution?

FYI: My word verification looks alot like dementia. Is there a message here?

1:54 pm  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

LOL Annie - so glad you're back.

Re. the title of this post 'Imagination returns' - am I the only one who for a brief second dared hope that Imagination had returned?! (as in the '80s pop group with Leee John, Ashley... okay my memory fails me).

I confess to slight disappointment that this wasn't the case, but the fact that your imagination has returned has by far made up for it. :-)

Sue :-)

P.S. Please can you now go and found mine - pretty please?!

10:56 am  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

P.P.S. Do we really have to go back to wearing BLUE mascara?!!! Drat, I passed mine on years ago... Oh yeah, there's one other thing - I think now may be a good time to tell you that I can't swim...

11:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home