Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tagged...again

Sue, via Sharon, has tagged us again. It's the second time now, isn't it, Sue?

It's a worthy cause, so we don't mind. Here's the deal:
To help other writers by providing access to a repository of information, all drawn from personal experience, we are to list five things not commonly known about us. If our personal experiences prove interesting to writers out there, published or unpublished, they are free to contact us to draw from our vast wisdom.
So here we go...
First, Annie:
  1. I work as a legal secretary.
  2. I'm married to an air traffic controller/flight instructor/pilot (yes, all at the same time - well, I get bored easily).
  3. I have a slipped disc.
  4. I had a kidney removed at 21 (not brain surprisingly).
  5. I'm a licensed athletics' coach.
India:
  1. As part of my English Literature/Language degree I did a dissertation on Virginia Woolf and Sylvia Plath.
  2. My second baby was a footling breech (i.e. her feet were the presenting part). I gave birth to her naturally — a practise which is now considered too high risk to be carried out by the NHS.
  3. Last year my husband and I bought my childhood home. I am now bringing my children up in the same house in which I grew up.
  4. At secondary school I played the bassoon.
  5. I used to work for Laura Ashley, so despite being rubbish with numbers am surprisingly good at working out how much fabric you'll need for your curtains, madam.
Eva:
  1. I am a technical writer.
  2. I have lived in three different countries and visited another 20 (at least).
  3. I am lactose intolerant and wheat-free (think no pizza, no cookies, no sandwiches, no ice cream, only goat cheese and ewe cheese, only some chocolate bars...yes, depressing!).
  4. I had a car accident when I was eighteen and I only drive now when ABSOLUTELY necessary (i.e., the last time was five years ago).
  5. Today is my birthday and I am...gulp...forty years old (no kidding!).
A note from Sharon, the creator of People Collection posts: "PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS:
Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)"

We, in turn, tag Brown, Amanda, and Stacy Dawn...sorry, that's all we could come up with, Sue/Sharon.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Happy Birthday, Eva! Big congratulations!

8:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

She kept it very quiet, didn't she Annie?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA! (were you able to have any birthday cake?)

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Eva! Fancy not mentioning the big 4-0!!

A footling breech, India? Ouch! Just the thought of that's making my eyes water!

Annie. You're very greedy, y'know :)

Well done to the three of you for syncronising this. You're too damned clever!

9:38 pm  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Yes, I know it's the second time and I hate having to tag others, but you're right, this one is for a worthy cause. Am I forgiven?

India, ouchies on the footling birth. Did you see Trevor McD last night about the NHS and births? I'm suddenly grateful Gray doesn't want children of his own because it doesn't sound like the NHS can cope with any risk birth at the moment. *shudder*
That's lovely about you and hubby buying your childhood home. :-)

Eva, which countries have you lived in? Sounds fascinating.
Sorry to hear about the car accident. We're not big on driving in our family either.
Oh my goodness, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!(sorry I'm so late).

Thank you all very much for sharing and organising your info so well and I promise I won't be tagging again unless it's another good cause. :-)
Sue :-)

12:36 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Of course she had cake, India. ALL of it - that's why she kept it so quiet.

8:52 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

Thanks for the birthday felicitations! No, Annie, cake is out of the question, unless it's made with potato or rice flour. Yuck! Instead, I indulged in fudge...slowly, once piece at a time. Too much butter and cream at once isn't conducive to birthday fun!

Sue, I've lived in Canada (of course), Budapest, and England. Don't ask me to rate these experiences. They were all fab!

2:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

India, all I can say is, "OW!" Having never given birth myself (took the easy way out and married a single-father), I'm amazed and awed by women who are brave enough to have children...though if I did have a child (to quote Blanche from Golden Girls), I'd do it the natural way God intended: Numb from the neck down.

And Eva! Happy Birthday!! And thanks for the heads up on the no-flour thing. I was going to send you cookies...now, I guess I'll just have to eat my mistake...should all my errors be chocolate covered.

Annie, did you have to go through any surgery for the disk? Is it fixable?

5:40 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Sorry about the delay in responding, Brown - been away again - not on holiday, looking after my 92 year old aunt who's just had a hip replacement operation!

I managed to avoid surgery thanks to a remarkable physiotherapist who gave me exercises to manage the problem and a surgeon who didn't believe in brandishing his knife at the drop of a disc (especially as it involved the bottom-most disc). I started doing the exercises every 30 minutes every day (at the time I couldn't even walk). Seven years on, I still do the exercises every day (but only once a day) and am now back walking, cycling and swimming.

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home