Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pitt-iless

Although I have been accused of chasing young adonises through campus—or should I say Samsons, as I've a penchant for flowing locks—I have yet to descend to stalking movie stars. However, this weekend while strolling through sun-drenched Old Montreal, sandals clicking on cobblestones,
perspiration glistening on bare shoulders, sunglasses perched atop my head, I scoured the narrow streets for a glimpse of Brad Pitt (in town along with Cate Blanchett shooting scenes for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button).

Alas, he was not to be found in open air cafes, nor in tiny bistros. I peeked in boutique hotels but caught not one coveted glance. I'd know that physique anywhere, girls; after all, I've seen Thelma and Louise half a dozen times. And that beautiful crowning glory. Not to mention that boyish smile and self-assured gaze.

Sigh.

Sadly, it was not to be. However, on the way to work this morning, along my well-trodden path, I encountered the movie shoot of Get Smart. Oh, well, if Brad baby proves elusive, perhaps Steve Carell will do.

Girls, Brad's in town!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say take the time off work, tell them you're running an anthropological experiment, then keep scoping the cafes.

8:58 am  
Blogger Annie said...

As my son has been mistaken for a young (21 year old) Brad Pitt on several occasions, I tend not to bother chasing after the real thing.

Now if it was George Clooney...

9:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now I know why you moved, Eva.

The most famous person to be spotted in Nantwich is Gordon Ramsay (British TV chef... swears a lot and has a face like an unmade bed)

Exactly.

9:40 am  
Blogger Eva said...

Gordon Ramsay could have lived next door to me in Nantwich, for all I know!

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naw, if he was as big a yeller as India let on, and if his face looked like an unmade bed (I shall have to use that one ASAP), you'd have known.

11:52 pm  
Blogger Eva said...

When they start filming Ocean's 14 ? - I may have lost track - I'll be sure to let you know, Annie.

(I'm starting to think all American box-office films are shot in Montreal.)

2:27 pm  
Blogger Amanda Ashby said...

Great - you get Brad Pitt and we get hobbits. Now why doesn't that seem fair??

7:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home