Tuesday, May 30, 2006

When the tinkering stops

At last! The rewriting/tinkering is finished - at least as far as I can tell! Now I'm putting it to one side for a week before a final read/polish, by which time I'm hoping I shall have heard from the RNA with details of some suitable agents to whom to send it. And then I shall return to my prayer mat and say a little prayer for me - or maybe even a great big, gigantic, huge one - maybe lots of them. In fact, I may remain on my knees for ever. I wonder how difficult it is to type from down there?

Funnily enough the final rewrite has ended up being 2,000 words longer than the original version - I think that's due to that particularly awkward character who insisted on playing a bigger part - I just hope she's satisfied.

As for me, I'm positively itching to start something new. I had actually made a start on something before my m/s was returned to me, but I'm not sure whether to return to that or do something completely different. Trouble is, I need to hurry things along a bit, as the RNA has brought forward its deadline for submissions of novels being entered into the next New Writers' Scheme, to August - which gives me precisely 3 months. Fortunately, they do accept partials, which I think, realistically, is all they're going to get.

So, Eva, I guess we should rewind my counter back to the start - which will no doubt please Imogen!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

Congratulations, Annie! What an achievement. I wish you the best of luck - in fact, I'll get down on my twin prayer map right now.

Before I wind you back to the start, let's celebrate a bit, okay!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Thank you, Eva. And you're right - we should celebrate a bit first. I realised that last night and went off to the kitchen in search of crisps, chocolate and tea - yeah, I know it's far more trendy to make yourself sick by excessing on alcohol, but this works pretty much the same!

8:05 am  
Blogger Annie said...

Me again! I've just scrolled down the page and seen the wip counter -my wip counter! It's all filled up and such a lovely colour too! Thanks, Eva!

Can you see it, Imogen?

9:24 am  
Blogger Annie said...

It's me - again! I've just noticed the 'Three Cheers for Annie' logo -(I'm a bit slow, aren't I?)
Thanks again, Eva!

And thanks for your congrats too, Stacy.

Here - both of you - have a crisp, or even two - go on - go wild. I do love a good party, don't you?

6:13 pm  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

Fantastic news!! Very many congratulations. I'm praying for you that this is the one :-)

7:30 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Thank you, MsCreativity and welcome to the party. Kettle's on -help yourself to a choccy biccy.

8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home